This all started when I was getting ready for girls night (we usually stay in or go to the casino). I wanted to do a mauvey look, because I love mauve, and I wanted to mix a couple lip colors like I had earlier when I got out of the shower to create a look around it.
I seriously just evolved into this, I don't even know. I love it when inspiration strikes!
I used the "tape trick" on my lower lash line eyeshadow, but kind of upside down from how it's usually done. (Terrible. Wording.)
I didn't end up using the same lip color I had messed around with earlier, but I did mix two colors: Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry, a deep pink, and ELF Matte Lip Color in Natural, which is a paler pink.
Aaaaaaaand I could probably keep explaining things about this look but I'm just going to put more photos. Because let's be real, it's fun to just look at photos.
BUT OH YEAH, hang on. I have to mention that I'm pumped that I used purple blush/contour. It's definitely some weird eyeshadow I've had for years, and all the packaging says is "Yakity Yak".
I would love to get a real purple blush, like a nice lilac. If anyone has suggestions, hit meh!
So yeah. There it is. I had a BLAST with this look, and my next plan is to make a slightly more wearable version! (But let's be real we all know I would wear that out.)
Derp face, out.
|Complete with bats in the cave. Keepin it real.|
- Nyx Green color correcting primer
- Mary Loumanizer (over primer a la Wayne Goss)
- Ben Nye translucent powder (over primer)
- Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily skin in Ivory
- Purple eyeshadow as blush/contour, a brand called "Yakity Yak" (it's really old, there's nothing else on the packaging)
- Benefit High Beam
- Nyx Milk as a base for all shadows/brows
- Naked 3 - Strange (base shadow), Limit/Nooner (lower lash line/brows)
- Shimmery white from Nude'Tude by TheBalm
- Shimmery purple by Clinique (on the box set it says "from Blackberry Frost Duo")
- Elise Lashes #403
- Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry
- ELF Matte Lip Color in Natural
As always, thanks for viewing, let me know if you have request/suggestions for reviews or tutorials, and follow my blog with Bloglovin!