I just ended up with concealer all over myself.
But for shits and giggles (LOTS OF GIGGLES), I'm sharing.
I LOVE the original photo of Emelia Clarke from Flare Magazine. The look is different that what I usually see, and I like that. I've also been wanting to try the "ghost eyeliner" trend I've seen on instagram, so that's how this all started.
|Original photo of Emelia Clarke|
However, I thought it would be a fun creative challenge to try to recreate the look with a darker, more gothic feel, using burgundies and reds instead of pinks. I've never been a huge fan of pinks, though I have nothing against them.
Everything was actually going ok with this look until I realized the concealer I used as eyeliner was getting everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE. It's on my camera, on my pants right now as I type this, and it got all over the look as I was shooting. God dammit.
I decided to use concealer instead of a white eyeliner because I wanted the look to be overall grungier, and I thought the dingier tone might do well. I also added some lower lashline sunken eyeball contour business going on to deepen the look more.
Overall, I'm not too happy with the end result, but I wanted to share just for fun! I will definitely be having another go at this in the future, because I like the idea and I think it's a fun creative stretch for me.
Well, I tried.
All that's left to do is derp. Thanks for viewing, and keep an eye out for the next attempt!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin!
|I LOOK JUST LIKE EMELIA CLARKE OMG|
- Nyx green color correcting primer
- Ben Nye translucent powder
- Revlon Colorstay foundation for oily/combo skin in Ivory
- Nyx blush in Taupe
- Nyx Milk (minor highlighting)
- Urban Decap Primer Potion
- UD Naked - colors used: Stange, Limit, Nooner
- MUFE eyeshadow No 162 (eyes and brows)
- Makeup Geek shadow in Bitten
- Nude'Tude by theBalm - Sleek (dark brown in crease)
- ELF brow kit in dark
- Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer (as liner)
- ELF Studio Matte lip color in Natural