Sunday, September 21, 2014

UPDATE & FOTD!

I totally forgot bottom mascara until after photos. DON'T TELL ANYONE.


Yo kids.

I've been actually getting excited about makeup again lately after a relatively dry spell. I'm getting excited about some things to try like more artistic stuff, and some other things that have been long time requests like how on earth I deal with freckles/foundation and all that. But I wanted to share a couple things that are putting that on hold, and some exciting news!



First things first, the exciting news. I work from home, and what I do has been a bit of a secret until now. I run a second youtube channel for a popular youtuber, and there was ffinallya soft launch on Thursday of last week! A LOT goes into running this channel, more than it seems on the outside right now... but, I can't give any spoilers, so I'll leave it at that!

This leads into one reason I still have to wait a put to go full force into these things I want to do makeup wise. Not only have I been working a LOT, which drains me creatively as well as mentally, and does take a lot of my time, but there are also some things going on around the house that are causing noise. Literal noise. There are contractors doing some remodeling on my house, and it's hard to make a video when you hear drills and saws and god knows what else all the time. That project should be over soon, which leads me into my next part!

Once the construction is truly done, I will have an some extra space for an office for work, and some extra privacy to record videos and whatnot! I'm really excited for that, and while I'm not going to completely put makeup off until then, having a creative space and time to myself in which to create is very important to me, and I look forward to letting myself get completely lost in the process.

Edited to add: Completely forgot to mention it, but in addition to the rest of it, my laptop finally died and needs a new hard drive. I've been using my work laptop minimally for some photos, but I don't want to take up a lot of space on it (for example, recording videos and editing on it) since I need the space for the OTHER secret surprise stuff I do on it for work.

So, while I can't spoil anything about my makeup plans OR my secret work stuff beyond what I've already said, I'll give one more hint: both have to do with games. (!)

And now, here's a simple taupe blowout with some silver and a bright orange lip. I hope you guys are having a fantastic day! Thank you so much for viewing, and don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin if you're into that!

UD eyeshadows and liner, Nyx Indie Flick lipstick

Indie Flick doe.

UD eyeshadows Mugshot, Darkside, and Blahorse from Naked 3, and Revolt from the Electric Palette,

Red Cherry Lashes #83, with another hald of a #83 onthe outside corner

Anastasia Dipbrow in Ebony and Chocolate mixed, with some Makeup Geek gel liner in Poison mixed in



Products:

FACE

  • Mac Face and Body in N1 mixed with the white mixer
  • Nyx blush in Taupe
  • grey Sleek eyeshadow to cool down the contour
EYES
  • NARS Pro Prime
  • Urban Decay Naked 3: Strange, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart
  • UD Electric Palette: Revolt (inner corner)
  • UD 24/7 Glide On pencil in Smoke (waterline)
  • Red Cherry Lashes #83, with a half pair on the outer corner stacked
LIPS
  • Nyx Indie Flick



4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm glad you're getting back into makeup because I just followed you a couple days ago. I found one of your other looks where you used Indie Flick and that's what made me decide to buy it. Then I saw that you do a lot of cool looks and make a lot of hilarious faces. I'm glad you're still updating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I will definitely keep doing stuff, I hate that it has to be so sporadic right now! Stay tuned :)

      Delete
  2. I love indie flick! It really brightens up the smokey taupe eye look :) Glad to hear you are gettin' back into things, look forward to seeing more! Also, I'm diggin the straighter brows :)

    www.glamorcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed your posts of course! can't wait to see more. That sounds like an awesome job too!

    ReplyDelete