Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Dark Deepness

Nyx Slim Lip Pencil in Cocoa


There's not a lot to say about this look, other than that I was listening to Ariel Pink the whole time I was doing it.


There are so many deep alchemical changes going on right now in life, especially for people right around my age. I know I'm not the only one feeling it. I want to know what's underneath, they hows, the whys. I don't want to settle for face value. I don't want to settle for anything. Life is so cyclical and you can either look on without judgement, or let it disturb you so deeply that you cling to anything that doesn't dive deeper. I'm far from unafraid of the deep water but I'm more afraid of resigning myself to ignorance and an incomplete version of who and what I am.

So there's that.

At this point in life, I don't want to pigeonhole my creative expression any which way, like keeping my non-makeup thoughts out of my blog. That's actually why I named the blog my internet username, so it could be open ended. I'm looking to do some creative healing/recovery, and some results will probably pop up here.

I also didn't name the blog something melodramatically indicative of a rich emotional life-- I assure you, this blog won't end up being an angst pile, as I don't like accumulating negative energy anywhere in my life, not even my internet life. So don't worry about that ;)

Anyway, MUG gel liner and Nyx Slim Lip Pencil in Cocoa, with a quite natural brow!

dat plug tho

Nyx Slim Lip Pencil in Cocoa


Nyx Slim Lip Pencil in Cocoa

Product List:

FACE
  • Nyx Photo Ready Primer
  • Maybelline FitMe foundation in the palest one
  • Nyx concealer in fair (the one in the pot)
  • Darling Girl Soft Focus blush in Koalafication
EYES
  • NARS Pro Prime
  • Makeup Geek Vanilla Bean shadow
  • Sonia Kashuk Matte Neutral palette, 2 shades
  • Makeup Geek gel liner in Immortal
  • Red Cherry WSP lashes all cut up
  • Anastasia Dipbrow in Ebony mixed with MUG gel liner in Poison for brows
LIPS
  • Nyx Slim Lip Pencil in Cocoa

6 comments:

  1. I love you too :D
    seriously tho, this look is so simple it makes it even more amazing. and that lipstick shades goes perfectly with your hair and freckles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so stunning, you're my girl crush. And I absolutely agree with you, I'm in my early twenties as well and it's such a hard time for me, personality-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have to agree with Isabell about you being her girl crush. I /love/ that lip color on you. I'm gonna have to pick that up to see if it could maybe look half as good on me as it does on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just another person here to express my love and girl crush on you. You have quite the fan club.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh, you and your hair are perfection! I have a similar hair texture, so if you could recommend me some products to tame the crazy-ness, I'd really appreciate it ;)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete